Bened Life, Inc. (“Bened Life,” “Company,” “We,” “Our”) respects your privacy and fully acknowledges the great responsibility that comes with safeguarding sensitive data, such as information about your health. We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This document describes the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you access, use or register with Bened Life’s website ( “Services”) and our practices for using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us
When you use or register with the Services, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, telephone number, postal address, email address, location, credit card information and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information").
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, completing questionnaires and assessments. Depending on the data you provide, it may also contain information about your general health (e.g. other health conditions) and lifestyle information (e.g., nutrition, exercise, if you smoke).
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including the computer or mobile device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Tracking
We may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” or “clear GIFs,” which helps us keep track of what content on our service is effective. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review, so they are not stored on your hard drive. The web beacons we may use will not track or collect any personally identifiable information about you and they are in no way linked to your personally identifiable information.
The Services also use third-party analysis and tracking services to track the performance of our services, understand how you use our services, and offer you an improved and safer experience.
Information on your usage of our Services may be collected and processed by Bened Life, Inc. or a third party engaged by Bened Life using a unique identification number assigned to you. Such usage information will be deleted as soon as this information is no longer required for the purpose collected, and will not be shared with third parties until after being anonymized.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows you to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with your Third-Party Social Media Service's account, such as your name, your email address, your activities or your contact list associated with that account.
Use of Personal Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To set up your account with us.
- To personalize your user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and offerings in which you are most interested.
- To deliver service messages and other services and content you request and send information related to accounts and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To conduct an aggregated analysis of the performance of our Services, including referral data if you arrive at our website from an external source.
- To store your credit card information in order to expedite future orders and automate the billing process.
All the data we collect at Bened Life is necessary for Bened Life to deliver the services you use. The amount we collect has been minimized wherever possible to respect your privacy.
Bened Life does not store sensitive personal data about your health and activities without your explicit permission. It is only when you give us explicit consent by creating a Bened Life account that we start storing all your health and sensitive data on our secured servers, alongside the personal data necessary to create an account. You can withdraw your consent at any time by simply deleting your account in the app or on our website. Here is the type of data we collect and store when you take our assessment and create an account:
Should you still disagree with the collection and processing of this data, we recommend you stop using our services or contact us at email@example.com to delete your account.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Your Consent for Processing Health and Sensitive Data
If you create an account with Bened Life, your personal data—including sensitive data and data related to your health—is stored and processed on Bened Life servers. By creating an account with Bened Life you explicitly consent that:
- Bened Life may store and process personal data you provide through the usage of the Services, and through the account creation process solely for the purpose of providing Bened Life services to you and to improve Bened Life’s service features. Such Bened Life services may include sending you information and reminders through the Bened Life app, the email address you provided to Bened Life, or by SMS/text message to the mobile phone number you provided to Bened Life.
- Personal data you provide to Bened Life through assessments and the account creation process includes personal data you enter into the Bened Life app, such as your account data (e.g. your name and email address), and your personal profile data. Depending on the data you provide, it may also contain information about your general health (e.g. other health conditions) and lifestyle information (e.g., nutrition, exercise, if you smoke).
iii. Bened Life will not transmit any of your personal data to third parties, except if it is required to provide the Bened Life service to you (e.g. technical service providers), unless Bened Life has asked for your explicit consent.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If You or a User are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You may access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request: (a) the categories of Personal Information about you that we collected; (b) the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected; (c) the purpose for collecting Personal Information about you; (d) the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Information about you and the categories of Personal Information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the Personal Information about you; and (e) the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- Request we delete Personal Information we collected from you, unless the CCPA recognizes an exception;
If the business sells Personal Information, you have a right to opt-out of that sale.
Consistent with California law, if you choose to exercise your applicable CCPA rights, we won’t charge you different prices or provide you a different quality of services. If we ever offer a financial incentive or product enhancement that is contingent upon you providing your Personal Information, we will not do so unless the benefits to you are reasonably related to the value of the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you are a California resident and wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us at email@example.com.
We apply security measures to protect against the misuse, loss, and/or alteration of personal information under our control. We follow industry best practices when transferring and storing your data. Though we cannot ensure or guarantee that misuse, loss or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. No storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your personal data, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your personal data; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software constitutes a crime punishable by law. For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your personal data will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through the Bened Life website and app is at your own risk.
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Information
If your Personal Information changes, we invite you to correct or update your information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, or delete your Personal Information, you may do so through your account settings, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request to have your Personal Information updated as soon as possible. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Notice Concerning The Information Of Children
Bened Life does not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under the age of 13. By registering to a Bened Life account you are required to confirm that you are at least 13 years old.
If Bened Life gains actual knowledge that the information has been collected from children under the age of thirteen in the United States in contradiction with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the regulation thereunder, Bened Life will not disclose this data and reserves the right to immediately delete the account and wipe all related information, including health and sensitive data of the user, from our servers.